Jan Einar Barbo has many years of broad experience with fabrication contracts and other contract types in the oil and gas industry, as well as in onshore construction. He is primarily instructed on contract law and contentious matters, and is also sought after as a lecturer, mediator and arbitrator.
is described by interviewees as a "highly respected and very clever" lawyer with a good understanding of the field. He often handles disputes related to onshore and offshore construction matters.
- 2001 - present - Partner, BAHR
- 1997 - 2000 - Senior Associate, BAHR
- 1990 - 1997 - Research associate, associate professor and research fellow, Department for Private Law, University of Oslo
- 1990 - National service as Lawyer in legal section of Norwegian Defence Construction Service
- 1997 - Dr. juris
- 1989 - Cand.jur. University of Oslo