Morten P. Smørdal has extensive experience from the energy and oil services sectors and specialises in Corporate M&A and Contract Law. Smørdal has previously served as Legal Director of Aker Kværner and Kværner Oil & Gas, as well as in-house lawyer at Telenor. He has been research assistant at the University of Oslo and deputy judge of the Kristiansand District Court.
Morten Smørdal retains his role as managing partner at the firm and continues to offer an experienced hand in contractual issues and offshore construction matters. He also advises on a range of commercial issues facing core clients in the oil sector.
- 2006 - present - Partner, BAHR
- 2002 - 2005 - Senior Associate, BAHR
- 2002 - Legal Director, Aker Kværner
- 1999 - 2002 - Legal Director, Kværner Oil & Gas
- 1998 - 1999 - Lawyer, Kværner ASA
- 1997 - 1998 - Lawyer, Telenor AS
- 1996 - 1997 - Deputy judge, Kristiansand city court
- 1994 - 1996 - Associate, Law firm Hjort DA
- 1992 - 1993 - Research assistant, University of Oslo
- 1994 - Cand.jur, University of Oslo
- 1993 - Master of Law (LLM), University of Edinburgh
- 1990 - One-term course, Université de Savoie
- 1989 - Political Science, intermediate level, University of Oslo
- 1989 - Political Science, elementary level, University of Oslo