Finance and Capital Markets
The lawyers have excellent technical legal skills combined with a highly commercial and pragmatic approach. They also provide excellent client support and turnaround.
BAHR – financing advice that adds up
BAHR serves as an advisor, problem solver and partner in strategic discussions within all areas of finance and capital markets. With over 40 specialist finance practitioners, BAHR advises on complex, innovative and multi-jurisdictional transactions for leading Norwegian and international lenders, borrowers and issuers, facilitators and investment funds, such as:
- Acting for seafood giant SalMar on their NOK 14.5 billion new debt facilities in connection with the takeovers of Oslo Stock Exchange listed companies NTS and Norway Royal Salmon.
- Advising KIRKBI, the Kirk Kristiansen family’s private investment company on the NOK 17.2 billion takeover of the Oslo Stock Exchange listed company Kahoot! made by a consortium consisting of inter alia Goldman Sachs, KIRKBI and General Atlantic.
- Advising SalMar, the leading Norwegian salmon producer, on the NOK 35 billion takeovers of Oslo Stock Exchange listed companies NTS and Norway Royal Salmon, resulting in a major structural change in some of the world’s largest salmon farming companies.
- Advising Aker and Aker BP on the NOK 125 billion acquisition of Lundin Energy Norway, creating the second largest oil and gas company in Norway after Equinor and the largest listed E&P company focused exclusively on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
- Advising a syndicate of Norwegian and international banks on the USD 300 million senior secured facilities for Odfjell Drilling in relation to its harsh environment drilling rig “Deepsea Stavanger”.
Experienced in all forms of debt and equity financing, we assist clients with syndicated loan agreements, acquisition and project financing, securitisation, traditional and high yield bonds and combined bank- and bond-loan structures. On the equity side, we regularly advise on IPOs and stock exchange offerings, as well as a range of complex financial instruments. This is supported by one of the region’s leading financial regulatory practices.
For more information on how we can help you, please get in touch with one of our key points of contact.