Area of expertise
- Compliance, Risk Management & Privacy,
- Technology and Intellectual Property
Are Stenvik has special expertise in the fields of intellectual property law, tort law and contract law. He was formerly professor at the University of Oslo, where he was involved in teaching and research in these fields. Stenvik has published books on tort law, patent law, trademark law and design law, etc., as well as numerous articles in these and other fields. Are’s practice is primarily focused on contentious matters and advice relating to technology, including technology development, R&D agreements, licence agreements, as well as the acquisition and divestment of technology companies.
The "impressive" Are Stenvik is renowned as an expert in patent law. While he is highly active in patent disputes, he also has impressive expertise of trade mark and copyright laws in the media and broadcasting sector. Clients highlight his "experience, competency and commitment to the case."
- 2011 - present - Partner, BAHR
- 2002 - 2010 - Professor, Department for Private Law, University of Oslo
- 1996 - 2001 - Research fellow, Department for Private Law, University of Oslo
- 1990 - 1996 - Associate and lawyer, BAHR
- 2016 - Admitted to the Supreme Court
- 2001 - Dr.juris
- 1990 - Cand.jur, University of Oslo