Markus Heistad has been a specialist partner in BAHR’s Asset Management & Private Equity practice group since 2021. He has practised and advised on financial regulatory law for more than 10 years, focusing in particular on asset management, banking and insurance/pensions law, as well as transactions within those sectors, and secondary transactions in private equity fund interests. He also advises on ancillary areas of law, such as anti-money laundering and ESG legislation. Before joining BAHR, Markus held a position with the financial markets department of the Norwegian Ministry of Finance, working with financial services regulation.
- 2021 - present - Specialist Partner, BAHR
- 2012 - 2021 - Senior Associate, BAHR
- 2008 - 2012 - Associate, BAHR
- 2006 - 2007 - Senior Executive Officer, Financial Markets Department
- 2005 - Cand. Jur, University of Oslo