Area of expertise
- Finance and Capital Markets
Markus Nilssen is a capital markets lawyer with a special focus on financial regulations. He regularly advises clients on various regulatory matters and corporate finance transactions in the DCM and ECM markets. Markus is an expert on Norwegian covered bonds legislation and regularly acts for several of Norway’s largest covered bond issuers. He also has a broad experience from advising on various types of corporate and financial arrangements and transactions, including securitisation and other structured finance transactions, factoring, public M&A, corporate restructurings and general corporate finance work.
- 2019 - present - Partner, BAHR
- 2012 - 2018 - Senior Associate, BAHR
- 2008 - 2012 - Associate, BAHR
- 2008 - LL.M., UCLA School of Law Los Angeles
- 2008 - Master of law, University of Tromsø