Gunnar Sørlie is a respected lawyer who has broad experience with dispute resolution and commercial law advice in general. While Gunnar’s expertise spans most areas of commercial law, his litigation and arbitration practice has largely been focused on complex legal and technical issues in fields such as patent law, onshore and offshore construction law, consultants’ professional liability, product liability and general contract law. He also has experience as an arbitrator.
Gunnar was admitted to the Supreme Court in 1988 and has pleaded 15 cases before Norway’s precedent court.
He is managing director of the Norwegian mandatory scheme for insurance of product liability for pharmaceuticals. Previously, Gunnar has served as non-executive chairman of the Norwegian Building and Construction Law Association and has taught marketing law at the University of Oslo.
Gunnar Sørlie is a longstanding name in the market whose dispute resolution work covers a range of issues including handling compensation claims involving construction defects.
- 2020 - present - Attorney / Of Counsel, BAHR
- 2006 - 2019 - Partner, BAHR
- 1996 - 2006 - Partner, Law firm Sørlie Wilhelmsen ANS
- 1990 - 1996 - Partner, BAHR
- 1982 - 1990 - Law firm Thommesen, Karlsrud, Heyerdahl & Brunsvig, fra 1986 som partner
- 1981 - 1982 - Deputy Judge, Indre Follo herredsrett
- 1980 - 1981 - Ministry of Justice, Department of Justice
- 1977 - Scientific assistant, Nordisk Institutt for Sjørett
- 1988 - Admitted to the Supreme Court
- 1979 - Cand.jur, University of Oslo