Gunnar Sørlie has broad experience with both litigation and arbitration, as well as dispute resolution and commercial law advice in general. His litigation and arbitration practice has largely been focused on complex legal/technical issues in fields such as patent law, onshore and offshore construction law, consultants’ professional liability, product liability and general contract law. Gunnar also has experience as an arbitrator. He has served as non-executive chairman of the Norwegian Building and Construction Law Association, and teaches marketing law at the University of Oslo.
The “excellent” Gunnar Sørlie is a specialist IP litigator who frequently acts on patent and trade mark infringement cases.
- 2020 - present - Attorney / Of Counsel, BAHR
- 2006 - 2019 - Partner, BAHR
- 1996 - 2006 - Partner, Law firm Sørlie Wilhelmsen ANS
- 1990 - 1996 - Partner, BAHR
- 1982 - 1990 - Law firm Thommesen, Karlsrud, Heyerdahl & Brunsvig, fra 1986 som partner
- 1981 - 1982 - Deputy Judge, Indre Follo herredsrett
- 1980 - 1981 - Ministry of Justice, Department of Justice
- 1977 - Scientific assistant, Nordisk Institutt for Sjørett
- 1988 - Admitted to the Supreme Court
- 1979 - Cand.jur, University of Oslo