BAHR is the type of advisor you turn to and work closely with when transactions are large or strategically vital or disputes seem deadlocked. We serve as an effective advisor, problem solver and partner in strategic discussions for Norwegian clients in domestic or international matters, and foreign players facing opportunities or challenges in Norway.
- Leading market reputation: BAHR is clearly acknowledged as one of the elite firms in Norway and across the Nordic region. We are consistently ranked top in the major national and international legal directories and league tables across the board, and regularly recognised in major awards.
- Impressive track record of market firsts: As the ‘go to’ firm for many of the most sophisticated clients, when it comes to their most complex projects, it’s not surprising that we also have a strong reputation for developing innovative solutions to transactional and regulatory challenges. The name BAHR is synonymous with many of the groundbreaking ‘firsts’ in the market, creating precedents for the future.
- Active in shaping legislation and pushing for change: Equally, our preeminent reputation means that we are frequently called on to advise government organisations on developing new legislative frameworks, as well as in challenging these same bodies on behalf of our clients where current regulatory restrictions require clarification or unfairly penalise sector groups.
- Valuing people: Getting things done isn’t just about knowing the law but also – and more importantly – about knowing the people involved and their motivations. This is something that we understand at BAHR, valuing team relationships with clients and their stakeholders, developing our own people, and keeping in touch with an impressive network of alumni, many of whom are now at the helm of major businesses, industry groups and public sector organisations across Norway.
- Size and resources: As one of the largest and longest-established firms in Norway, we have built a stable and resilient team of lawyers with expertise across a wide range of industry groups and public sector organisations across Norway.
Since much of our work has a global dimension, clients can expect the highest international standards and experience from BAHR’s team. We support our Norwegian clients in global transactions and advise foreign businesses on operations in the Norwegian market. In addition, we have broad experience of assignments with multinational aspects, either taking responsibility for coordinating multi-jurisdictional transactions, or contributing as Norwegian lawyers to international projects.
Leveraging BAHR’s excellent international standing, we have recently recruited a number of highly qualified foreign lawyers. Currently, for example, our team includes lawyers qualified in England & Wales, France, Spain, Switzerland and New York.
We have no offices of our own outside Norway. Instead, we have forged strong relationships with a host of leading law firms in a range of jurisdictions. This means that we can offer our clients high-quality legal assistance wherever and whenever they need it. The strong personal relationships we have developed help to ensure our clients have access to skilled and practical assistance from leading colleagues across the world – often under our supervision. As an independent law firm, however, we will always recommend the best team for the job and are happy to work closely with clients’ established international networks of advisers.
Remaining at the forefront of developments in our clients’ key industries is of paramount importance. Our lawyers regularly author seminal works in their areas of expertise and contribute to crucial research and government fact finding exercises. In addition, we aim to actively engage with regulators, industry bodies and associations, as well as law and policy makers, in shaping future legislation, regulatory practice, policies and public opinion across the industry.