Area of expertise
- Shipping and Offshore
Øystein Meland is Bergen’s leading shipping law expert and one of Bergen’s most experienced business lawyers. He has worked with shipping matters for more than 20 years for Norwegian and foreign clients, and have over the last years been extensively involved in competition law related to maritime transport.
Mr Meland is admitted to the Norwegian Supreme Court. He drafted and negotiated the Norwegian Standard Shipbuilding Contract (“Ship 2000”) and has authored a comprehensive commentary on shipbuilding contracts based on the Norwegian Standard. He is also a highly valued speaker/lecturer at international maritime conferences.
- 2021 - present - Specialist Partner, BAHR
- 2019 - 2021 - Of Counsel, Wikborg Rein, Bergen
- 1985 - 2018 - Partner, Wikborg Rein, Bergen
- 1981 - 1985 - Lawyer, Wikborg Rein, Bergen
- 1979 - 1980 - Associate judge, Midhordland County Court
- 1977 - 1979 - Associate, Greve, Greve, Greve & Lorentzen, Bergen
- 2006 - International Certified Arbitrator
- 2002 - Admitted to the Norwegian Supreme Court
- 2001 - Certified Mediator
- 1977 - Cand.jur., Univeristy of Bergen
- 1975 - 1977 - Assistant Lecturer, Department of Public and International Law, University of Bergen