Area of expertise
- Dispute Resolution,
- Energy and Climate Change,
Simen Skjold Søgaard is a partner and member of BAHR’s Dispute Resolution and Tax teams. He is a highly accomplished all-round litigator, who has successfully handled a significant number of legal proceedings covering a wide range of disputes. Simen’s experience includes cases from all levels of the regular courts (the District Courts, the Courts of Appeal, and the Supreme Court), as well as arbitration. He is also experienced in judicial mediation of complex matters.
Simen specializes in disputes related to direct and indirect tax. He has successfully argued two cases before the Supreme Court regarding the complex rules on adjustment of input VAT for the real estate sector. Throughout his career, he has also focused on tax disputes in the oil and gas sector, such as transfer pricing and other issues related to the special petroleum taxation regime in Norway. Given his background from the Attorney General for Civil Affairs, Simen further has extensive experience with disputes relating to general administrative law. For example, he has argued complex cases concerning alleged conflicts between Norwegian regulations and the freedoms under the EEA Agreement.
Simen was admitted to the Supreme Court in 2020.
- 2022 - Present - Partner, BAHR
- 2016 - 2022 - Attorney, The Attorney General for Civil Affairs
- 2015 - 2016 - Senior Associate, BAHR
- 2011 - 2015 - Associate, BAHR
- 2010 - 2011 - Research assistant, University of Oslo
- 2020 - Admitted to the Supreme Court
- 2013 - LL.M., Harvard Law School
- 2011 - Master of Law, University of Oslo