Area of expertise
- Competition and EU Law
Arne Torsten Andersen has been practising law for more than 20 years. He is recognised as one of Norway’s leading lawyers, especially in the fields of public procurement and state aid, although he also has a strong general EU/EEA law reputation. He has more than 15 years’ specialised professional experience in these disciplines.
In addition to his professional experience from private law practice, which includes BAHR over the period 2007 – 2013, Andersen has experience from the EFTA Surveillance Authority (ESA), where he worked for five years on all aspects of EEA law. He conducted litigations before the EFTA Court and the European Court on a regular basis during his time in Brussels. He has in recent years been litigating extensively, with a special focus on public procurement litigation. Arne Torsten Andersen has also advised on major competition law investigations.
Andersen has been rated one of Norway’s leading public procurement lawyers in internationally recognised ratings such as Chambers and Legal 500, as well as in the Finansavisen newspaper’s annual rating of Norwegian lawyers. He is much sought after as a speaker on various EEA law issues, and is affiliated with the University of Oslo, both as a lecturer and as an examiner. He has also served as an arbitrator.
- 2021 - present - Partner, BAHR
- 2016 - 2021 - Partner, Kluge Advokatfirma
- 2013 - 2015 - Partner, ALT law firm
- 2007 - 2013 - Senior Associate, BAHR
- 2003 - 2007 - Senior officer in the legal department of the EFTA Surveillance Authority
- 2001 - 2003 - Associate, Advokatfirmaet Hjort
- 2007 - Postgraduate diploma i EU competition law, Kings College, London
- 2001 - M.A. in European relations and European law, University of Amsterdam
- 2000 - Cand. jur., University of Oslo