Area of expertise
- Employment and Pension
Tarjei Thorkildsen is head of BAHR’s Employment practice group and has many years of experience with national and international labour law issues, including, in particular, the provision of ongoing advice to large (Norwegian and international) enterprises on all types of labour law issues. He is also editor of the labour law journal Arbeidsrett and co-author of the annotated edition of the Working Environment Act.
Thorkildsen also has extensive litigation and arbitration experience, encompassing a broad range of cases.
is an exceptional practitioner, described by clients as "among the foremost experts in Norway regarding employment law." He has a broad practice within employment, advising clients on disputes, negotiations and transactional matters, and one client highlights: "I would say that he provides the highest quality of legal advice, and he's extremely focused, to the point and very calm."
- 2003 - present - Partner, BAHR
- 1998 - 2002 - Partner, Law firm Schjødt
- 1992 - Judge, Drammen city court
- 1990 - 1998 - Attorney General, Civil Affairs
- 1997 - Admitted to the Supreme Court
- 1994 - Master of Law, Cambridge University
- 1989 - Cand.jur, University of Oslo