Seminar | Contractual risk allocation in large-scale energy projects – Knock-for-Knock Indemnities and the Law
We are excited to be welcoming Professor Knut Kaasen, Professor Endre Stavang and Professor Greg Gordon to our seminar where we will be discussing contractual mechanisms of risk management and allocation in large-scale energy projects in addition to potential issues which may arise in relation to this matter.
Kaasen, Stavang and Gordon are key contributors in the new book “Knock-for-Knock Indemnities and the Law: Contractual Limitation and Delictual Liability” published by Routledge. They will present their main findings from their new publication with a particular focus on contractual risk management and allocation.
- 16:00-16:10: Welcome remarks
Associate Professor Kristoffer Svendsen (University of Stavanger) and attorney Adnan Vejzovic (BAHR)
- 16:10-16:30: Risk allocation in English Law and comparative context
Professor Greg Gordon (University of Aberdeen)
- 16:30-16:50: Limiting liability under Norwegian offshore construction contracts: Why – and will it hold good?
Professor Knut Kaasen (University of Oslo)
- 16:50-17:00: Short break with refreshments
- 17:00-17:20: Contractual risk allocation in large-scale renewable energy projects
Attorneys Eirik Høiby and Inglin Sognnæs (BAHR)
- 17:20-17:40: Law, economics and knock-for-knock clauses – my brief experience and reflections
Professor Endre Stavang (University of Oslo)
- 17:40-18:00: Questions, reflections and discussion
- 18:00-21:00: Food and drinks
We do hope you can join us for what promises to be an informative and enjoyable afternoon!
Please use the link below for registration. Limited number of seats are available.