Area of expertise
- Competition and EU Law,
- Public Sector,
- Technology and Intellectual Property
Beret Sundet advises primarily on competition law issues. She has extensive experience from all areas of competition law, including the conduct rules, merger control, state aid and public procurement. Sundet has previous experience from the Ministry of Labour and Public Administration (Competition Policy Section) and as a national expert with the European Commission, DG Competition, Merger Task Force.
Beret has many years of experience with the handling of competition law proceedings, both before the courts, whether national courts of law or the EFTA Court, and before the competition authorities (the Norwegian Competition Authority, the ESA and the Commission).
In addition to her competition law focus, Beret Sundet has extensive experience from assisting life science clients with various regulatory issues, including documentation protection, marketing authorisation, price and reimbursement, as well as substitution-related issues.
Hailed as "a brilliant competition lawyer,"Beret Sundet advises public entities and private companies on M&A-related competition work, including cross-border merger clearance. She has been highly active in the oil and gas and shipping industries. Sources value her "commercial awareness and client service."
- 2001 - present - Partner, BAHR
- 1997 - 2000 - Senior Associate, BAHR
- 1995 - 1997 - Deputy judge for the district of Ringerike
- 1994 - National expert, EU Commission, Merger Task Force
- 1992 - 1995 - Senior executive officer, competition policy section, Ministry of Labour and Public Administration
- 1991 - 1992 - Assistant scientific officer, Department of Public and International Law, University of Oslo
- 1992 - Cand.jur, University of Oslo
- 1991 - Specialized subject, University of Edinburgh