Area of expertise
- Energy and Climate Change
Eirik started as Specialist Partner in BAHR in 2020. He is a member of BAHR’s practice group for Energy, Natural Resources and Shipping. Eirik primarily works with complex construction and development projects related to the oil and gas industry as well as the renewable energy sector.
He has vast experience working on national and international disputes . He is also an external examiner on various programmes, including petroleum contract law, at the University of Oslo.
Eirik Høiby is well known for representing contractors in disputes in the oil services and offshore construction sectors. He also advises on the non-contentious aspects of projects. Interviewees describe him as "very strategic and smart."
- 2020 - present - Specialist Partner, BAHR
- 2019 - 2020 - Partner, Advokatfirmaet Selmer AS
- 2007 - 2019 - Partner, Kyllingstad Kleveland Advokatfirma DA
- 1998 - 2006 - Partner, Senior Associate and Associate, Simonsen Advokatfirma DA
- 1997 - 1998 - Research Assistant, Nordic Institute for Maritime Law, department for petroleum law
- 2009 - Judge Arbitration Degree, Danske Advokater
- 2003 - Postgraduate Diploma in EC Competition Law, King's College, London
- 1998 - Cand. Jur. / Master of Law, University of Oslo