Sam E. Harris
Area of expertise
- Dispute Resolution,
- Real Estate & Construction
Sam Harris is one of Norway’s most distinguished lawyers. He is a highly skilled and versatile litigator, with a broad practice encompassing general litigation and arbitration, as well as judicial and extrajudicial mediation. Sam has acted as leading counsel on several hundred legal disputes, which have been pleaded before both ordinary courts and arbitration panels. These include a great number of large and complex construction cases. Sam has a particularly high standing in the construction and real estate sectors, and his practice is focused on onshore and offshore construction law and property law. Additionally, he has extensive experience with post-M&A issues, as well as disputes over allegations of unfair business practices and broker’s fees.
Sam is considered an expert on civil procedure and is amongst the authors contributing to publisher Gyldendal’s annotated version of the Civil Procedure Act.
He was admitted to the Supreme Court in 1994 and has pleaded more than ten cases for the Supreme Court.
Sam is in-demand as an arbitrator and mediator.
"Sam Harris and his team were very competent and conscientious."
- 1998 - present - Partner, BAHR
- 1996 - 1997 - Senior Associate, BAHR
- 1990 - 1996 - Government Attorney
- 1985 - 1990 - Legal Section of Ministry of Justice - Deputy Judge, acting district court judge, acting high court judge
- 1994 - Right of audience in Supreme Court
- 1989 - LL.M. from University of Michigan
- 1985 - Cand.jur, University of Bergen