Area of expertise
- Corporate M&A,
- Energy and Climate Change
Thomas K. Svensen is the Managing Partner of BAHR.
He is one of the most prominent energy lawyers in Norway and acts for numerous both domestic and international energy-related clients. Thomas has previously served in the Office of the Attorney General and as a management consultant with McKinsey & Co. His practice encompasses both energy-related transactions and dispute resolution, in addition to being involved in major development projects and issues related to governmental relationships. He has been involved in a number of the largest energy-related transactions in Norway in recent years. He also has extensive dispute resolution experience and has acted in numerous national and international energy-related disputes. Svensen has been ranked one of Norway’s leading experts within his areas of specialisation by Chambers Global, Chambers Europe and Legal 500. He has also been ranked one of Norway’s leading lawyers within his area of expertise in the lawyer survey of the Finansavisen newspaper.
- Thomas Svensen receives admiration throughout the market for the breadth of his oil and gas expertise, with one source noting: “I am amazed by his ability to cover both disputes and M&A.”His impressive handling of transactional, regulatory and contractual matters leads clients to praise his “professional insight and deep understanding” of the issues. / - Thomas Svensen is lauded by clients as a "hands-on lawyer with a unique ability to take in the full picture and use it as a basis for providing strategic, pragmatic and business-minded advice."
- 2015 - present - Partner, BAHR
- 2006 - 2014 - Partner, Wiersholm
- 2005 - 2006 - Attorney, The Attorney General for Civil Affairs
- 2003 - 2005 - Management Consultant, McKinsey & Company
- 1998 - 2003 - Attorney, The Attorney General for Civil Affairs
- 2002 - Admitted to the Supreme Court
- 1997 - Cand. jur., University of Bergen