Real Estate and Construction
“We appreciate their in-depth knowledge of real estate. We are in very good hands, they know how best to contribute to transactions and protect clients' needs and interests.”
BAHR – real estate and construction advice from the ground up
Whether you’re planning a major investment in real estate, selling property assets or devising a prestigious development, BAHR can help you take the project from the drawing board to concrete reality.
BAHR’s team is a clear market leader in Norway and has been ranked number 1 in Norway under the categories “Real Estate” and “Construction” in the prestigious TNS Prospera survey in 2018, 2019 and 2020, demonstrating our longstanding reputation in the Norwegian market. Our team is also consistently ranked as a leader by independent rating agencies as Chambers and Legal 500.
Our experienced team and has played a key role in many of Norway’s largest and most complex real estate developments and transactions, such as:
- Assisting Stiftelsen Hans Rasmus Astrup and Stiftelsen Thomas Fearnley, Heddy og Nils Astrup with the sale of AS Meraker Brug to Statskog for NOK 2.65 billion. Meraker Brug is one of the largest private properties in Norway with approximately 1,180,000 decares of land. The sale of AS Meraker Brug was the biggest single-asset transaction in the Norwegian market in 2022.
- Assisting Fredensborg Bolig with the acquisition of the majority of the development projects owned by developer Naturbetong. This substantial portfolio includes a development potential of around 50,000 sqm. in the Oslo region.
- Assisting Schage Eiendom with a headline development project involving the extension and upgrading of Stortorget 7, a large CBD property comprising almost the entire quarter between Stortorvet, Nedre Slottsgate and Karl Johans gate. With its prime location, Stortorvet 7 will become a new landmark property in central Oslo when completed.
- Acting as legal advisor to Statsbygg in connection with the construction of the new National Museum in Oslo. The new National Museum is one of the largest Government building projects in recent history.
- Acting as legal counsel for Bane NOR under our framework agreement and assisting with various matters arising from the “Follobane-project”, the single largest public transport project in Norwegian history, clearly demonstrating our leading position in the Norwegian market for major infrastructure matters.
- Advising Oslo municipality’s Department of Water and Sewage on a major project for a new Oslo water supply.
Our dedicated real estate experts advise on everything from major sale and leaseback transactions, innovative real estate financing and complex development agreements, to resource-intensive construction or real estate disputes. In all of these areas we provide our clients with first-class, business-focused legal advice in line with industry best practice – best practice that we have often helped to define.
For more information on how we can help you, please get in touch with one of our key points of contact.